• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Eagle Optics SRT Ranger 10x50 (1 Viewer)

canonman77

United Kingdom
Hello everyone, I have to say this. Today I went to buy some new Bins & on my list were all 10x42's which included (MINOX BL, OPTICRON VERANO, HAWKE FRONTIER 10X43, STEINER SKYHAWK). After trying them & numerous other 10x bins, I ended up buying the Eagle Optics SRT ranger 10x50, which are excellent bins all round. I could not get a sharp image at all with 10x & because I already have 8x, I am over the moon with my purchase. They are clear, crisp, bright, well made, nice & light for the size.. It was nice to get a neoprene strap with the bins & a strap for the case, which you dont often get... Excellent bins & all this for under £300..

Regards
Sean.

Hi Sean

Interesting post. So you rate these above the Hawke ED's?

"I could not get a sharp image at all with 10x", you mean the other 10x binoculars?

I like the idea of a 10x bin to complement my 8x bins and am thinking along the lines of either the Olympus 10x42 roof or porro mostly because of their price and being impressed by their 8x40 DPS1 porro which I have been able to have a good look through.

I don't suppose you looked at any Olympus bins on the way to your purchase?

Nev

eagle optics SRT 10x50 ranger

Hi Nev, I rate the Eagle optics SRT Ranger 10x50 a lot better than the Hawke ED's, but other people may disagree. About the 10x42's I could not get a sharp image out of any, It might be my eyes, but they would not focus, just on the off chance I asked to try the 10x50 ranger (Eagle optics) & they were & are superb, the image just clicked in to place. Fantastic bins. I didnt try any Olympus bins, they didnt have any to try. Try the eagle optics range, also they are light for a 10x50 which is a bonus. I had a long test drive at the shop, but will be taking them on the reserve in the morning & I know they will be fantastic..

sean.

hi Nev, Today I took them out & they performed very well, from goldfinches flying over head to scanning the wetlands looking at Waders. Clear, bright, sharp, easily able to identify. Perfect for what I need them for, I photograph birds primarily & needed some bins basically just to see what bird it is, you know?. If you are wanting some bins for woodland then I dont think 10x50 bins will do, 7x or 8x times would be better, but go & try a pair & see what you think.

sean.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back