• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Dark-necked Tailorbird (critique please) (1 Viewer)

alibenn

Registered Member
Hi folks,

I have posted this shot in the gallery already, but would like your thoughts.

Canon 10D 300mm f4L + 1.4

cheers,

Alister

Attachments

• tailor-bird-1.jpg
    tailor-bird-1.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 997
I like it :). Hehe the bird seems to be giving the message of "WHAT DO YOU WANT?" I like the white glare on the left hand side. It seems to give a "deeper feeling" to the pic. It's unfortunate that the tail is a bit blurry, however, it makes the rest of the bird really stand out, especially considering that the stick is also blurry.

The part of the background, which is brown, maybe you could make it a bit darker. On the other hand, the brown gives me the visual feeling (sounds weird huh? hehe) that it's sitting in an environment with many other trees.
Nice shot:).

I'm not much of a photographer Alistair but Tailorbirds must be quite difficult to get a decent shot of so it looks like you've done very well

looking forward to other stuff from Malaysia

good luck

I'd say it's very nice as it is. Maybe worth experimenting with cropping some of the lighter area to the left so the blurred tail is closer to the frame edge and a bit more cropping below. If the eye was on the vertical centre line and just above the horizontal centre then I think the composition wuold work better. To my mind the blurred tail isn't that important as the centre of focus is on the head and eye where it counts. In fact some of the tail could be cropped off too.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back