• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ringing Week Gibraltar April 12th-18th. (1 Viewer)

tchagra

Hi Ringers

Well,the chaps this last week had a bit better time of it,not big in numbers by any means but they did at least have a good variety of species to handle.

NEW BIRDS RETRAPS

BEE-EATER 2 0

BLACKBIRD 1 1

BLACKCAP 9 3

BLACK REDSTART 1 0

BONELLIS WARBLER 16 0

COMMON CHIFFCHAFF 1 0

GARDEN WARBLER 4 0

GOLDFINCH 1 0

GREENFINCH 5 0

LINNET 1 0

NIGHTINGALE 8 1

ORPHEAN WARBLER 1 0

PIED FLYCATCHER 1 0

COMMON REDSTART 2 0

RED NECKED NIGHTJAR 1 0

ROBIN 1 0

SARDINIAN WARBLER 2 1

SCOPS OWL 1 0

SERIN 2 0

SPARROWHAWK 1 0

SUBALPINE WARBLER 2 0

SWALLOW 3 0

TREE PIPIT 2 0

WRYNECK 1 0

COMMON WHITETHROAT 2 0

WILLOW WARBLER 19 0

WOOD WARBLER 1 0

WREN 1 1

The bee eaters were a good record,e have not reached double figures for Gib yet,The Black redstart is a very late bird,I am pretty sure that all of our Trans Saharan migrants are in on thier breeding grounds by now so any of the records here for such birds are more Northerly migrants,e.g.Bonellis Warbler,Garden Warbler,Nightingale,Orphean Warbler,Pied Flkycatcher,Common Redstart,Subalpine Warbler,Swallow,Tree Pipit,Wryneck,Common Whitethroat,Willow Warbler and Wood warbler.

The Wood warbler is an excellent record,very few ringed here,I can remember several years ago ringing 2 myself 1 late spring on the rock,nice passage of Whitethroat this week,mirrors what I have been trapping on the mainland.

Always nice to get Any Tree Pipits,never get many records in the Spring as most fly straight over and cannot recall any in the Autumn.

The semi resident ringer has made a big effort to tape in Scpos Owl and Red Necked Nightjars for the visiting guys and this week they were again rewarded

A poor season for Pied Flycatchers though and no Spot.Flys as yet to report.

Garden warbler passage drifting off now,and I have a report of once again a poss.breeding pair on territory in Ronda area,the same site as last year and I trapped a bird on 1 of my river sites 2 days ago with what appeared to be a C.P.

Plenty of news to follow re ringing on the Spanish mainland.

Cheers for now

Ricardo ( Gibraltar Hat On )

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back