• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Pendle Hill Dotterels (1 Viewer)

wheatear

I have always wanted to visit this site as I used to frequent the area as a youth. Now a birder living in Suffolk any gen on the way to do it as I believe they will be present soon?

They're not guaranteed on Pendle hill or anywhere else for that matter, we always go up the "steps" to the top then search. Last year Plex Moss had the Dotterels with a flock of 17 (if I remember right) on the fields there.

It doesn't really matter how you get up providing you search the flatter areas at the top thoroughly when you are there. They are often near the trig point, but basically given the disturbance they can range quite widely when they are there.

Plex did do better last year but Pendle Hill is the best site in Lancashire over the years.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back