• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

September in Turkey any info welcomed please (1 Viewer)

bicknell64

Hi im going to Bodrum in 2 weeks and going to Tuzla lake could anybody give me some idea what could be around thankyou .

I have'nt been to the Tuzla lake area but migration has just started so you should be in for a great time with a lot coming through;at the moment I have Olivaceous and Willow warblers in the garden along with Red backed shrike, Syrian woodpecker,Hoopoe,Spotted flycatcher and a family of Sombre tit.
The red rumped/barn swallows are still here as well as the beeaters and Eleonora falcons and Lesser kestrels.The waders should be coming through by the time you arrive,Pelicans storks flamingo etc .
Its still 90f today but it should be cooling a bit by the end of the month.
My website below might give you an idea what is usually around.

Migration still slow this month,it was the same in April going the other way,cooling to about 85F today.Just a thought it might be worth a day trip over to Bafa Lake on the Soke/Didum road during your visit.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back