• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bird Food Suppliers (1 Viewer)

tp20uk said:
Where do you buy your bird food? Are there any good value websites at the moment? Please help!

Well there is our advertiser - CJW, shown above.

I have also used:
http://www.ernest-charles.com/
http://www.gardenbird.com/index.htm
http://www.birdcare.com/birdon/wbn/

Fortunately I can buy pre-packed black sunflower seeds in a 15kg sack at a local pet shop, and from an animal foods supplier also locally, a 25kg sack of sunflower hearts. I buy peanuts (the only way I know to buy "Safe Nuts") and niger seed by mail order . I have 4 plastic dustbins in the garage to store my bulk buys, because of invasions by mice.

When our home grown mealworm supply does not meet demand (frequently in the breeding season) I buy these by mail order too, or sometimes from the pet shop.

Lucky you lot live in the UK! Out here there are NO suppliers of wild bird food! Get strange looks when you say you want to 'waste' so much money buying umpteen kg of sunflowers, etc
Fortunately, supermarkets stock peanuts, sunflower seeds etc for human consumption (didn't always do so some years ago!!!). So I think I'm prob biggest buyer in the country of seed stuff

Yup Helen, the price per kilo for posting would be higher than supermarket prices here! But I do have all my feeders sent out from the UK.
Nestboxes good here though - disabled associations make wood products and I can get them to make as many boxes as I want, each for about £1.50! About to put in an order for 100 or 150 :)

Nah Helen, but it's about enough for year one! :) I'm sure the woodlands around the Oxon/Bucks border would appreciate a few boxes too, maybe you'll be popping out for a similar number? Got a rather nice Goldeneye box too now ...but think you'd be paying a bit of excess baggage if you try lugging that onto an Oxford-bound plane!

CJ wildbirdfoods (see banner at top of page) are the largest supplier of wild birdfoods in the country (probably Europe, maybe the world), they supply all the rspb branded products, so you can buy them even at your local tescos.
You can visit their premises to buy from their shop, but watch out for the constant stream of huge lorries delivering and taking away the seed.

Remember, if you purchase from one of the companies with a banner on our site, you are helping to support birdforum.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back