• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

City birding (1 Viewer)

Boy Wonder

Warden - RSPB Lincolnshire Wash Reserves
Have wangled a trip for a week to Sri Lanka with my better half from the 10th of this month. While she's working I'll be birding. Will mostly be daylight stuff between 9am and 4pm and I'll be based in Columbo.

Can anyone advise on sites within reach during this time and the best travel arrangments?

Is it practical/sensible to carry a scope and DSLR around the city or just stick with bins?

I have a day to myself at the end so thoughts on a must visit location that is of practical distance from the airport that will add some variety to what I'll have seen already would be much appreciated.

Thank you for your help time

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back