• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Holiday cottage wanted in great birding area (1 Viewer)

scodger

Hi

I'm looking for a weeks holiday in the Netherlands, I'm a birder , my wife isn't so it needs to be in/near a great birding area but not too far for commuting in to do some cultural stuff as well. I'm thinking early May if possible, a one bed cottage or apartment with nice lounge would be great, rural if possible

That's it

If anyone can help please get in touch

Regards

David

I agree that the Hoge Veluwe is a great spot, especially in May. It's not too far from Amsterdam (by UK standards!) but I wouldn't advise taking a car into the city. The rail service in the Netherlands is excellent, efficient and not expensive.

David

Also within a short drive, river Ijsel floodplains, Ooipolder, and some really good grassland birding about 1/2 hour to the north.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back