• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

All i want for Christmas??? (1 Viewer)

and...

yes...I want one in the 8x32 format as well. Charles?

Bryce: nice review on the Primes on the other thread. Nice to hear someone give them a thumbs up.

John

yes...I want one in the 8x32 format as well. Charles?

Bryce: nice review on the Primes on the other thread. Nice to hear someone give them a thumbs up.

John
Everybody that tried them gave a thumbs up! I'm not trying to push them i have no reason to just posting observations! Bryce...

Bryce,

Good luck with that wish. Folks have been asking for a 32 mm option from Zen Ray for the last 3 or 4 years. First they wanted an ED series model (take your pick on which version) and now the Primes. I do have a vague recollection of a discussion surrounding an 8x32 ZRS HD. If I remember correctly it was because one of the 8x42 ZRS HD boxes had a spot on it for 8x32s but that never materialized.

I think they would be a big hit but there must be some reason why the company's resources haven't been pointed in that direction at some point.

Maybe that could be a 2013 project. ;)

Bryce, your comment is well noted. We don't have anything for 32mm PRIME HD yet. But we do have a plan to expand other product lines, so we do not run the risk of being a 42mmBinoculars.com. More detailed will be revealed in the coming months.

Charles

a well executed 8x32mm with a nice wide FOV, dielectric coatings at a good price point would be a welcome addition to the marketplace. Currently the Vortex Viper HD 8x32 is my favorite but I'd like to see something with similar optics but a wider FOV and an open bridge design with longer objective tubes. I was hoping the Talon HD 8x32 would be it but it fell short on a couple of counts.

a well executed 8x32mm with a nice wide FOV, dielectric coatings at a good price point would be a welcome addition to the marketplace. Currently the Vortex Viper HD 8x32 is my favorite but I'd like to see something with similar optics but a wider FOV and an open bridge design with longer objective tubes. I was hoping the Talon HD 8x32 would be it but it fell short on a couple of counts.
Save the open bridge for the ed 3's! A Prime 32 with it's current design would be perfect! Even if it's a little heavy no biggy! I think they would sell by the truck load! I like them what impressed me was everyone who looked through them!!! Bryce...

Bryce, your comment is well noted. We don't have anything for 32mm PRIME HD yet. But we do have a plan to expand other product lines, so we do not run the risk of being a 42mmBinoculars.com. More detailed will be revealed in the coming months.

Charles
Well if you do a Prime 32? Let me know i'm ready to place an order!!! :) Bryce...

Though a Prime 32 sounds attractive I think I would be happier with an ED3 32 mm. I have grown fond if the ergonomics of a longer tube 8x32 ( thinking Sightron here).

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a ZRS 8x32.

;)

Though a Prime 32 sounds attractive I think I would be happier with an ED3 32 mm. I have grown fond if the ergonomics of a longer tube 8x32 ( thinking Sightron here).

Heck, I wouldn't mind seeing a ZRS 8x32.

;)

I have a feeling that the open bridge ZR bin is no more. If you look at the latest offerings from various companies, from Vortex to Hawke to Nikon to Brunton, they have moved away from the open bridge design to the "open hinge design," which is the open bridge design with only one thicker bridge that's placed closer to the EPs to allow more room for your fingers to wrap around the barrels.

I'm not sure if this is just the latest fashion trend or if it has to do with concern over being sued by Swaro. I certainly hope this is not the case, but that's the trend.

<B>

Not a bad hypothesis Brock. Of course there are still some open-bridge bins being introduced but probably not near as many as a couple of years ago.

Truthfully, I don't have a preference in general. I do like the way the little Swaro 32s feel and I like the Sightrons for exactly the same reason. Still, there are also several 28-32 mm binoculars with the traditional hinge design that I enjoy, ergonomically, as well.

It will be interesting to see what ZR comes up with. I think the ZRS HD line would probably be a bigger seller in terms of volume simply because of the lower price point but what do I know.

;)

I have a feeling that the open bridge ZR bin is no more. If you look at the latest offerings from various companies, from Vortex to Hawke to Nikon to Brunton, they have moved away from the open bridge design to the "open hinge design," which is the open bridge design with only one thicker bridge that's placed closer to the EPs to allow more room for your fingers to wrap around the barrels.

I'm not sure if this is just the latest fashion trend or if it has to do with concern over being sued by Swaro. I certainly hope this is not the case, but that's the trend.

<B>

Brock has it right here. The smaller single hinge placed higher on the barrels is pretty much the wave I think. That was the point of a conversation I had with a Kruger engineer explaining why the design of the Caldera hinge. Contrary to popular "belief" that is not a weak design either. Take a look at a bare Caldera and that hinge assembly is HUGE. Armor covers a lot. Another thing is that the longer barrels will flex a bit. I think the idea of "make it strong enough to survive being hit by Miguel Cabrerra with a baseball bat" is giving way to "give it some opportunity to flex with blows a bit".

I have tried the Vortex Talon 8x32. The open hinge for such a small/compact binoculars does not go very well. I will get a pair if there is 32mm PRIME in the work.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back