• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sagres raptors (1 Viewer)

John In Ireland

Ireland
Every time I visit Sagres I always enjoy it although I always feel I am looking in the wrong place. I have heard of the "raptor viewing point". Could anyone please pinpoint this point for me for my next autumn visit please?

John

The main and only well known raptor watchpoint is called Monte de Cabranosa - normally just called Cabranosa.

In early October during the Sagres bird festival its signposted from the Sagres-Cabo de São Vicente road. There are always at least some folk there during the autumn - you can take a hire car up the track to Cabranosa no problem.

Here is a page in English from Gonçalo Elias's website with a map.

http://wheretowatch.avesdeportugal.info/sitecabosaovic

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back