• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

470 Up. (1 Viewer)

470 up? I call it one-up-manship!
Congratulations, but isn't it a bit of a let down for your 470th to be an armchair tick and not a very exciting one at that? I am, of course, just a little envious!
John

CJW said:
Definitely a let down, John. But I've been 'stuck' on 469 for about 2 years.
... on the other hand at least you've got it 'out of the way' and it won't be a candidate for an even more awesome milestone (480th, 490th or even 500th). Then again, given your pessimism about your current rate of progress, heaven knows what might have been split by the time you get near 500! John

CJW said:
Definitely a let down, John. But I've been 'stuck' on 469 for about 2 years.

No 470 for me Chris as I never bothered going for the North Wales bird, what an exciting day I have to look forward to next winter!

M N Reeder said:
No 470 for me Chris as I never bothered going for the North Wales bird, what an exciting day I have to look forward to next winter!
Could be worse. A lot worse.
A YLG and Casp' split followed by re-lumping the Redpolls...

Congrats, I think, although I'm sure you'd have rather had something other than an armchair. Makes me wish I'd searched a bit harder for the White-winged Scoter last month in south-east Iceland but it'll be back.

E

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back