• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Schönberg, Schleswig-Holstein, Germany, American black scoter , 4.April 2023 (Drawing) (1 Viewer)

Joern Lehmhus

Seen at a beach called "Kalifornien" ( a part of Schönberg, Germany) ; in a group with Common scoters (also drawn for comparison)
I think there is no way this is an aberrant Common scoter due to different bill profile , but it is the first time i saw the American species in life....
As an American Black scoter has been around in the region for some years , hybridisation would have been possible though....so correct me if I am wrong ...
To me it looked as if this bird here was very likely paired with one of the female common scoters

Attachments

• skizze M-americana Kalifornien -Schönbg.jpg
    skizze M-americana Kalifornien -Schönbg.jpg
    648.2 KB · Views: 35

Users who are viewing this thread

Back