• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hide Clamp (1 Viewer)

Broadsword

Dear All,
I am looking to purchase a hide clamp for my scope - does anyone have any experience or knowledge of a good make/model to purchase?

Many thanks

Broadsword

Opticron make a good hide clap (about £55) that would do the job just fine. However if you're using a Manfrotto, Velbon or Opticron tripod with a removable centre column you shoudl eb able to just buy a clamp to fit it, which will cost less.

postcardcv said:
Opticron make a good hide clap (about £55) that would do the job just fine. However if you're using a Manfrotto, Velbon or Opticron tripod with a removable centre column you shoudl eb able to just buy a clamp to fit it, which will cost less.

Many thanks for the recommendation - I have an Opticron scope and binos and really trust their products, so I'll look out for the clamp.

Cullman make a really good hide clamp which is supplied with a pan/tilt head (and possibly a quick release plate).

I used one for many years without any problems until I bought a Manfotto tripod who sell a dedicated clamp to use with the removable centre column / head assembly.

I bought the Manfrotto clamp and very good it is too for in a hide.However,after buying a c/f Man' 443 and swapping 'pod heads,i can't use it as the c/f column doesn't fit.There is another clamp for it though.

Hi Broadsword, I have an Opticron HR66 scope. I use the Opticron hide clamp fitted with a Velbon head, overall cost approx £70.00 from Focus Optics in Corley. I also use a Velbon tripod (it dosen't have a removable centre column) so this means I can use the same quick release plate system for both. I find the hide clamp works very well as long as the shelf in the bird hide does not have a lip along its edge which makes it difficult to gain a firm hold.

Dave

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back