• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Using a hide clamp with triangular central column? (1 Viewer)

jonhicks

Jon Hicks
United Kingdom
I'm considering a carbon fibre tripod that has a triangular central column, but currently use a Velbon hide clamp. The clamp came with various plastic inserts to use on different diameter central columns, but obviously doesn't come with a triangular insert. Has anyone either found such a thing, or homemade their own insert/solution?

The triangular column seems to make sense for allowing the tripod to be packed really compact (and perhaps save a small bit of weight), but I use my hide clamp a lot. Thanks!

Could you please explain what you are trying to do? Surely not attempting to attach a hide clamp to a centre column!?

Yep, that's exactly what I'm intending. I do it with my current tripods, so that when I'm in a hide with a suitable shelf, I take the central column out of the tripod and put it into the Velbon hide clamp. I find it easier to work with in most hides than trying to arrange my tripod around the shelf and seats

I would try experimenting with various packing materials. I'm sure if you did some precise measurements then someone would be able to produce a 3d printed adapter.

Could you please explain what you are trying to do? Surely not attempting to attach a hide clamp to a centre column!?
he wants to do this

delta-hide-clamp.jpg

Just to clarify, I currently do this already, but wondered if anyone had got it working with a triangular shaped central column. I can experiment, but if some one has already 'been there, done that' they might have some wisdom to share...

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back