• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

San Antonio birding THIS WEEKEND 1/27 &28 (1 Viewer)

ILRookieBirder

skred!? theILRookieBirder
All,

This rookie birder gets to work in San Antonio Thursday - Saturday. I should have 60-90 minutes to do some birding Friday & Saturday mornings and possibly an hour or two Friday night. Suggestions of where to maximize my learning and birding? I will be staying at the San Antonio Marriott River Center, and have a car. I am a marathoner, so brisk walking over some distance is possible, though maybe not the best use of my short time this trip.

Sure I would like to add some birds to my meager list, but more interested in seeing, identifying (or struggling to do so), and developing field skills. Don't need to seek rarities (though I can't wait for my first one), but just have lots of birding opportunities to build field observations skills.

Suggestions on any web leads of places to go would be great too.

Appreciate all your posts, photos and ever so friendly site!!

San Antonio is a beautiful place, if you ignore the highway construction that's going on - there are huge pillars everywhere. As well as birding, I'd recommend a quick trip to the Alamo for anyone who has not been before not been before. The river and the park are good.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back