• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Scope manuals (1 Viewer)

cspratt

I recently purchased the newer Kowa 823M version and the Kowa
digital adapter. A little cheaper perhaps than the Swarovski or Zeiss
(at least here in Canada).

The digital adapter is a neat rig. Only had mine (scope plus adapter) a few days but getting some nice results (to me anyway) with it. I've posted a few images on the Gallery for others to look at.

Funny thing though, the Kowa advertising is very slick and colorful
but the "manual"(?) with the scope was a waste of good paper. The
advertising brochure for the scope provides far more detail. Is the
manual for the other high end scopes any good? Or are theirs, like
Kowa's, just an after thought?

Over the years I've purchased lots of astronomical telescopes and mounts and the manuals were always very well done. The Eagle Optics Raven spotting scope manual wasn't that great but the Kowa manual is the worst I've ever seen!

Chris. Spratt
victoria, BC

Hi, Chris--

The manual that came with my Swarovski isn't much either-- just the basics on how to insert eyepieces, change angles, etc., and a page of technical data too small to read-- but it is in six languages.

What's going on in Victoria? In the 70's, I lived in James Bay, birded the waterfront from there to the golf course Saturday mornings.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back