• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bored with MFI ... so went birding on Breydon (1 Viewer)

Karl J

By mid-afternoon the novelty of nodding & agreeing at the required time & place had worn very thin.

Breydon today :

Avocet - about 300 ish ( a very impressive sight when all in flight. I'd guess these are maybe the breeding flock from upriver at Buckenham)

Oystercatcher
Whimbrel x 1
Redshank
Little Egret x 3
Black-tailed Godwit - about 40 ish
Shelduck
Mallard
Lapwing
Herring Gull
Black-headed Gull
Common Tern
Cormorant - 25 ish
Blackbird
Magpie
Woodpigeon
Starling
Swallow

Too wet and windy for butterfly id, the few that were about were being blown all over the place.

Quite frightening how little shopping I've done since I've taken up birding.

Last winter I spent a dreary day at Fowlmere. There were 3 of us in the main hide with a few Mallard and Canada Geese to watch and it was foggy and cold. We got chatting and agreed that it was way better than Christmas Shopping !!

Not bad at all... and definitely better than shopping!

Did you get drenched today Carlos?

I know what you mean Pete, it can really take over can't it.

Fortunately didn't get drenched. I suppose that was the one saving grace of being in the town this morning, we were inside ( in Palmers, I think ) when the heaviest rain fell.

There's a bit of a silver lining about Asda in Yarmouth as well, it's only 2 mins walk to Breydon.

WE popped over to Budleigh to see the Peregrines a while ago .
There was a male sitting on the cliff doing nothing (they're good at that) so we left after an hour or so.
On the way home a visit to Sainsbury's produced the goods,there was an energetic peregrine buzzing around everywhere chasing everything in sight!
M.F.I.= My Furniture's Incomplete.

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back