• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Griswold’s UK Birding List 2023 (2 Viewers)

Down to Pembrokeshire with Rob and Owen today. An excellent morning’s birding with great company.

First we stopped off at the Gann. Shaun from Glynneath was already there. And being a proper good fella he walked back with us to where the Plover was. Amazing how well this blended into the pebbles despite only being a few feet away.

219. American Golden Plover Lifer #11

This was a bird I’ve wanted to see for a very long time so was well pleased with such great views.

Next it was a “spirited” drive over to Nolton Haven. The Grackle was putting on a great show. Having a scientific background, I tend to approach such birds with perhaps a bit more logic than others. Thus it meets my highly demanding criteria and I’ve deduced it is tickable. 👍🤔😇

220. Great-tailed Grackle Lifer #12

Others may make their own minds up but this is a fantastic bird to see. Seemingly oblivious to the birders and photographers. I enjoyed watching it far more than I thought I would.

Lifelist now 326

Attachments

• 51653120_Unknown.jpeg
    51653120_Unknown.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 5
  • 51653328_Unknown.jpeg
    51653328_Unknown.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 4
  • 51653296_Unknown.jpeg
    51653296_Unknown.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
  • 51653280_Unknown.jpeg
    51653280_Unknown.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Some very heavy showers today. Inbetween I took the pup up the Gnoll. 3 Goosander in total and a female Red-crested Pochard even I wouldn’t tick🤔😂 Though I might have done so in previous years.

Down at Llanrhidian marsh I used the bus as a shelter from the rain. And when the rain stopped I was treated to views of a stunning male Hen Harrier and a ringtail. Happy days.

221. Hen Harrier

Attachments

• IMG_6086.jpeg
    IMG_6086.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 6
Headed down to Llyn Llech Owain this morning. Good to bump into Shaun and Chris again. Willow Tits were showing really well. No sign of the Brambling though that Bernie posted yesterday.

222. Willow Tit

Tried a recipe for gluten free stuffing yesterday as well. Boys really enjoyed it. Flavoured with maple syrup and stem ginger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back