• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ED111 Filter (1 Viewer)

ftwizard said:
Hi, anyone know where I can get a filter to protect the front lens on my new ED111. I can't seem to find anything in 60mm.
Wayne.
hi wayne, see past postings on filters mine included. plenty of hoya and kenko filters on ebay at non nikon prices, go for the pro d c filters. regards stuart.

ftwizard said:
Hi, anyone know where I can get a filter to protect the front lens on my new ED111. I can't seem to find anything in 60mm.
Wayne.

I have a 67mm Pentax SMC L39 (UV) on my EDIII, ever since I bought it in July 1999. And it has served me very well indeed, including several trips to the tropics. I never had any misting up between the filter and the front lens. Just make sure you get a multicoated filter, as has been said before. Otherwise, you are likely to lose to much of the quality of this fine scope.

Swissboy said:
I have a 67mm Pentax SMC L39 (UV) on my EDIII, ever since I bought it in July 1999. And it has served me very well indeed, including several trips to the tropics. I never had any misting up between the filter and the front lens. Just make sure you get a multicoated filter, as has been said before. Otherwise, you are likely to lose to much of the quality of this fine scope.

Just been into my local branch of London Camera Exchange. I asked about a good filter for my ED111 and was told that the best for this scope is one by B+W, CAT NO 67 MRC. They are made from Schott multi - coated glass and the mounts are mainly brass. They retail at £38. Anyone used these filters? I'm looking for a decent one and have little idea of the price spectrum for these items.
Cheers
Jim

passerine said:
Just been into my local branch of London Camera Exchange. I asked about a good filter for my ED111 and was told that the best for this scope is one by B+W, CAT NO 67 MRC. They are made from Schott multi - coated glass and the mounts are mainly brass. They retail at £38. Anyone used these filters? I'm looking for a decent one and have little idea of the price spectrum for these items.
Cheers
Jim
lots of past postings on this, mine included.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back