• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Any birding events in Cumbria in Sept/Oct? (1 Viewer)

HelenB

Opus Editor and Expat from Cumbria
Opus Editor
I'm probably going to be over in Cumbria for about 3 weeks from mid September. Are there any meetings, field trips or bird fairs going on in that area? Or close enough to get to easily.

TIA

Sorry im not aware of any Helen, but im sure if they exist the BF members will let you know.

Not an area i birdwatch much but i occasionally visit Caerlaverock usually in the winter months, hope you find the info you require good luck.

Helen,if i hear of anything in the local press i will let you know,but if you are in the area,and you want to pop over to the hodbarrow reserve,at haverigg,south cumbria,let me know.But will keep my eyes peeled .
Christine.

Helen,

It isn't actually on the Cumbria Bird Club website yet but there is a guided birdwatch at South Walney late in the month. Depending on where in Cumbria you will be Walney might not be that easy to get to though! It is meant to be members only, but if you explain you are over on a visit they ought to understand.

Regards,

Stephen.

Thanks, Stephen & Michael,
I checked out the CBC website and there is in fact a regular meeting in Penrith (where I'll be staying) on Oct 3rd, so I should be able to go to that. The last time I went to Walney, was as a teenager, when I accompanied my Dad on a Penrith Natural History & Photographic Society field trip - too many years ago now to remember! Actually the Walney trip is on the CBC website now.

Thanks Christine - if we decide to come down to Hodbarrow I'll be in touch. I don't know how much time we'll have for birding, as our parents are elderly & my hubby will be doing all sorts of jobs around the house for his mother, who is 81!!

Warning! This thread is more than 21 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back