• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Skua s.o.case for Zeiss 85 (1 Viewer)

Crake Dude

Are you fed up with the current pathetic offerings of stay-on-cases for Zeiss 85 scopes?

You spend good money on a brill bit of kit, and then have to endure the company's offerings of either a black, over-sized sack-bag that's roomy enough to hold almost two scopes(or is to allow for accidentally-inflating-Diascopes?), or the other which resembles a one-size-fits-one black condom stretched over your scope which hopes you don't go near any "...nasty thorny bushes, deary,...tut,tut".

Well...I wuz lucky. I bought my Zeiss 85 when they first came out....you know...when everybody shirked 'em because the name didn't begin with S,L,K or O, and now everybody wants one after they have looked through them. So, in that desert of Zeiss scope buyers I was able to also buy a GENUINE skua stay-on-case(SOC).

However, in the intervening years, the factory which made these top-notch Skua SOCs had shut down, and the pseudo look-alikes were not the same rugged quality, and they don't have those velcro strips which, when opened, could drown out jet engines.

So many fellow Diascope owners have drooled over my Skua SOC that I enquired at Focalpoint(UK), where they hailed from, I believe, and I have been informed(hope it's true...) that a specially commissioned limited run of the original and genuine Skua SOC, only for the Diascope 85, is due in very shortly. It's a bit pricey at around £90, but will protect your expensive scope properly.

Hope the news is true. Good luck.

Steve...Save Our Diascopes(S.O.D.)

picture of the skua SOC?

Hello: I just bought an 85 and took it to Belize last week. Love the scope, hate the accessories. Your skua SOC info is interesting. Do you have a picture of your scope in the case? And any contact info for Focalpoint? Thanks, Brian

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back