• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

January-February, 2015 Butterflies (1 Viewer)

Samuel Perfect

There hasn't been a monthly thread for butterflies since November so thought I'd try and kick start one.

Just had 2 Red Admirals chasing each other outside my bedroom window in Falmouth, Cornwall!

I heard a vague report that Brimstone had already been seen this year so it seems a few short lived sunny spells do have the ability to encourage a few individuals out of hibernation.

Looking forward to reading other peoples butterfly encounters this month! :t:

Damn! Seems reading and proofreading before I posted still didn't alert me to the glaring mistake! :eek!: My mind must be locked in the past, sigh...

If Moderators could edit the title to read "January-February 2015 Butterflies" that'd be much appreciated,

Cheers,

Damn! Seems reading and proofreading before I posted still didn't alert me to the glaring mistake! :eek!: My mind must be locked in the past, sigh...

If Moderators could edit the title to read "January-February 2015 Butterflies" that'd be much appreciated,

Cheers,

An Edit button usually appears on your own posts for the first 24 hours, so you should be able to change it yourself.

I unexpectedly uncovered a hibernating Peacock whilst hacking down a neighbour's tree. I've relocated it to an unheated cubby-hole and hope it survives the cold weather.

Dave W

I saw two red admirals outside Bristol Temple Meads station in the winter sunshine on 15th January too. Don't fancy their chances given the weather since.

P

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back