• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of the year 2022 (2 Viewers)

A few Small Whites and two Nymphalids left undetermined in much too warm weather.
The best sighting of the day was a Crimson Speckled of which there is an unprecedented invasion in the Low Countries (it has also reached the UK I see).

Yesterday - Red Admiral in the front garden, feeding on xxx* flowers very briefly (I went to get my phone for a photo op but it had gone). Also Large White caterpillars on Nasturtiums.

*(Low growing garden plant based on a tuber rhizome?, big fleshy leaves, spike of pink flowers, name may come to me later ... )

Last edited:
With a wall to wall blue today, perhaps not surprising…Red Admiral and Speckled Wood in the grdn.

Large white yesterday on the vale of Glamorgan coast. Generally though we’re down to wasps and a few flies the insect numbers are well down on a few weeks ago

In Düsseldorf a Red Admiral today and a couple of Small Whites during the week. Found a Small Copper last weekend at the Dutch border

Red Admiral & Small White at Rainham Marshes & a Holly Blue on ivy flowers at nearby Purfleet Station. My latest ever Holly Blue.

Beautiful day on the Somerset Levels today. At least 20 Red Admirals along the main track between Noah's Lake and VP 1. As we sat at the 1st Viewpoint, we were astonished to see an immaculate Brimstone fly by!

10th November - Red Admiral feeding in a garden I was working in.

Today - Peacock butterfly flying around me and away whilst I was pressure washing some decking near Helston, Cornwall. It was partly sunny for a change, but reasonable suspicion it had been disturbed from hibernation perhaps.

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back