• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Last butterfly of the year 2022 (1 Viewer)

Peacock Butterfly in the garden Friday 9th December.

It was sunny, and relatively warm in the sunshine (although pockets of frost still on the ground). I had opened the shed up and been moving stuff around earlier.

Minus 4C at dawn on Saturday (17 Dec), on our walk up the lane in the mid morning sun we found two Alpine Accentor feeding on a rocky roadside slope where the snow had melted, we then had the surreal experience of seeing a Clouded Yellow flutter up next to one of the Accentors before resettling on a rock for a mid December sunbathe!!

A balmy 12 degrees Centigrade after a -12C two nights ago, the missus called me down from the “crows nest”…..me thinks the latest Dec.one for me?😮

Attachments

• FE9762AE-1F39-4FFC-AD8D-B65E9C8A0370.jpeg
    FE9762AE-1F39-4FFC-AD8D-B65E9C8A0370.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 5
This Red Admiral was found on a shop window in Wickham Market, Suffolk, 20th December. Quite a clash of seasons!

Attachments

• IMG_E5024.JPG
    IMG_E5024.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back