• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Congratulation Olympus (1 Viewer)

Was this in response to my question? Nothing there about using manual focus.

I'd also like to know if it can do focus confirmation with old manual lenses, or do they still need a Daisy chip to enable this?

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question (I unexpectedly spent several days in the hospital just after I did my last post). In any event, the camera does provide a magnified view in manual focus mode. The magnification ratio defaults to 10x (which I find to be too much), but I think the ratio can be changed. It doesn't appear to have a focus confirmation light or beep as some DSLRs offer, but one may be buried in the menus. I just confirmed that the camera offers a form of focus peaking (which I have not yet tried, but which seems to be a popular feature on newer cameras and helps with manual focus). Here is a You-Tube video which explains how focus peaking works on this camera and how it can be activated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ArqBplO8cQ

Greg

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back