• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Weather For June 2011 (1 Viewer)

Hot. EVERY DAY. At least 90 degrees F the last 6 days and usually over 95. I live near the top of a hill so usually stays in the 80's during the hottest part of the day, and I'm thankful for some shade. My 'half black and tan, half one-night stand' hound won't leave the shaded porch...even to chase cats in the yard....dog days of summer are here.

Well we've definitely had our mix this week. On Monday it was over 40 degrees Celsius with the heat factored in with no sign of a breeze. Yesterday was 30 with a strong cool wind, today has warmed up to 20 and mild wind. Either way I look at - I just don't know what to make of our weather.

90's every day since my last post. No rain in sight . Doctor Who finale was a nice treat last night though. DRagonflies have taken over the watergarden and have aerial combat with the hummingbirds that come by.

Sold at a car boot sale this afternoon. It was fine to start then rained a bit, but it cleared up again. It was warm when the sun was out.

Yesterday started off grey and chilly and soon, by 10am, began to rain which persisted all day and through the night.

Today was lovely first thing and surprisingly warm but as the afternoon has progressed the cloud has rolled in, the wind has picked up and it's pretty chilly again!!! Going to close the living room window in a minute :smoke: Rain is forecast for tonight and a bit of an unsettled week ahead too.

Yesterday started off sunny but then we had a very heavy downpour at 9.30am which had everyone thinking The Queen's visit to Alnwick would be a washout :smoke: But then by 10.15 it had all blown over and the sun came out once more :t: Rest of the day was sunny and pretty humid. Queen's visit was a fabulous event too - we locked the shop and went across to join the crowds to see her :t:

Today has started off slightly cloudy but very warm - only 14.6 on my thermometer but feels warm to me! :king: Looks like the sun could break through at any time and I'm debating whether to put out a load of tea-towels I washed....or would that just ENCOURAGE heavy showers? ;) :-O

I hung my washing out yesterday and within 20 minutes it was raining!!!! :smoke: Perhaps I should move to those areas that have hardly had any rain as me doing the washing NEVER fails :-O

Today is a lovely sunny day with a brisk breeze. Dare I mention that I have a load of duvet covers in the wash as I type? ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back