• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Relatively new bird photographer (1 Viewer)

Alexandre_Tiago

Netherlands
Hi my name is Alexandre, I'm a Amsterdam Based wildlife photographer and im just here to share photo's to get some tips and tricks so i can improve my photography.
Not sure if im at the right place for that but its always worth a try i geuss. Here is a picture of a spoonbill with a broken wing a day ago. It was standing by itself in the shallow water all the otherbirds had left him already. The picture is pretty Melancholy but thats the point i was trying to make. I decreased the shutter speed a to 1/3 of a second making the water waves look smooth. The picture was taken during blue hour. Let me know what you guys think.

Hi, Alexandre welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I really like this photo! We do have quite a bit of people on here that take photos. The best place to ask for help with photos would probably be in the following forum:

Or in the forum for your particular type of camera, which would be somewhere here:

we also have quite an active gallery to post photos in, we do ask that you limit your posts to 3 in a 24 hour period.

Hi Alexandre and a warm welcome from me too. Such a shame for that Spoonbill, are there any wildlife rescue centres around that could catch him up and either treat or euthanise him?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.

Hi Alexandre and a warm welcome from me too. Such a shame for that Spoonbill, are there any wildlife rescue centres around that could catch him up and either treat or euthanise him?

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about.
Good question, coincidentally the local forester came by during the time I was taking the picture. He said that it would be a lost cause. The bird could've been brought by to the rescue centre but the damage on his wing was so severe it would probably not recover. The medical professionals would've probably put it down.

Hi, Alexandre welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I really like this photo! We do have quite a bit of people on here that take photos. The best place to ask for help with photos would probably be in the following forum:

Or in the forum for your particular type of camera, which would be somewhere here:

we also have quite an active gallery to post photos in, we do ask that you limit your posts to 3 in a 24 hour period.
Hi Lisa, thank you for your reply and tips! I will check out the other forums for advice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back