• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Bullfinches (1 Viewer)

Krispo

Newbie Birder For Life
What bird are you most proud of having in your garden?

Hello,

Visiting my Grandad today just about to leave when I thought I saw 2 bullfinches flying into his willow, my grandad hasn't seen any in his garden for more than 20 years, watched and waited, and after a minute or so of seeing birds turning out to be sparrows, and then a male and female bullfinchflew down onto his lawn and ate nuts for about 5 mins, poddibly of the northern race, other unusual birds in his garden have been goldcrest (stayed for about 5 seconds) and a Grey Wagtail (appears daily) and Jay (breeding season,in garden but can be seen from garden all year round.)

Also before I became a birdwatcher he had a harrier sp.

What are you most proud of having in your garden?

Kajrowe

Last edited:
Hello Kajrowe. Common birds in my garden are chaffinches,tits,blackbirds,Dunnocks and mostly other common birds. Not so common visitors are Goldcrest, Bullfinch and Goldfinch, i've never had a Jay but i'm always looking for something a bit out of the ordinary.

Al.

kajrowe said:
...... What are you most proud of having in your garden?

Kajrowe
Oooooh, difficult question. I have a garden list currently standing at 33 (small compared to some on here !!) - which includes a number of regulars that I'm always pleased to see (bullfinches, tawny owl, goldfinches, coal tit, LTTs and in winter blackcap, red wing, fieldfare) BUT I guess if pressed the one I always enjoy seeing most and am most proud of are the green woodpeckers. They appear several times a week ... and although their favourite part of the garden is now starting to look like a battlefield as a result of thir digging, I never tire of watching them !!!

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back