• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Cheap replacement for missing rubber eyecup (1 Viewer)

keads

I am looking for a cheap replacement for the missing rubber eyecup on my Pentax UCF WP compact binoculars. My sons lost one of the round rings that cushion your eye as you look through. I can't see them online except for around $30 direct from Pentax. I was thinking of replacing both of them with some type of foam padding or a small piece of soft rubber hose. anyone have ideas of what could be used? The missing part just adds a little cushioning to the round end of the eyepiece tube. Thank you, Kimberly

I am looking for a cheap replacement for the missing rubber eyecup on my Pentax UCF WP compact binoculars. My sons lost one of the round rings that cushion your eye as you look through. I can't see them online except for around $30 direct from Pentax. I was thinking of replacing both of them with some type of foam padding or a small piece of soft rubber hose. anyone have ideas of what could be used? The missing part just adds a little cushioning to the round end of the eyepiece tube. Thank you, Kimberly

Kimberly:

Welcome to the Birdforum. I would first contact Pentax, and see what they can
do for you. You may be covered by warranty, and so a phone contact would be
the first place to try. An internet search should get you to the right people.

Jerry

Try a piece of bicycle inner-tube. Cut out a cylindrical section, stretch it over the eyepiece, and fold it back to form a cushion for your eye socket.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back