• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Georgia boy joined because of Kite sighting!! (1 Viewer)

reubenjet

Reubenjet
Hello! I joined this group because of my sighting of a Swallow-Tailed Kite over the weekend. I was cutting grass and noticed a rather large bird flying out of a Bartlett Pear tree. It had something in it's claws and was just gliding around in circles. It soon moved what was in it's claws to its mouth and ate it. I was late getting to my phone but managed to capture a few images of it in flight. Later that day it showed-up again behind my house. It was circling once more but this time much lower. It went into a Crepe Myrtle and was immediately chased away by 2 mocking birds. I was able to get some good video of it in flight and later was able to identify the bird from this video. The state of Georgia DNR lists the Swallow-Tailed Kite as "Rare" and I would have to say I agree because I have never seen any kind of Kite in my 48 years of living here. I will try to share my video and pics but I can't promise anything as my skills are very limited. I look forward to seeing what other members are spotting as well. Thanks! Drew

Hi Drew and a warm welcome to you from all the Staff and Moderators.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here and I look forward to hearing your news. How I'd love to be able to see that kite - they look wonderful birds.

If you need any help uploading your pictures or videos, please don't be afraid to ask.

Welcome to BirdForum! I am sure you will find lots to interest you here, and I hope you enjoy your visits.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back