• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Paphos revisited....April 11th-18th 2015 (1 Viewer)

That's better - nice one Ken! (and Delia)

'Well jel' about the Hooded Wheatear, never seen a Quail with a hangover either!

I only see one Masked Shrike each time I go for a week in Spring, so that's about par for the course. I never find them to be prevalent. Nice Pallid Harrier too. Usually passed through by then.

Nice account Ken with some good pictures but no mention of the two endemics, Cyprus Warbler and Cyprus Wheatear? Congrats on the Pallid Harrier.

Good report Ken - can I ask if you had any early morning access to the archeological site at Paphos headland as this was a bit of an issue during my visit at Easter last year?

Special thanks to Delia (I need a High Tech ''IT'' assistant...when can you start, and what ''Ball Park'' salary are we looking at? ;)

Never saw Masked Shrike last year Nick! nor Red-Backed! perhaps the Bird Gods gave me an extra one this year, to average it out. :t:

Cyprus Warbler and Cyprus Wheatear Joanne, both last seen in '87, I could definitely do with a ''refresher course on both. Cheers ;)

malcurtin Hi, I started at the 8.30 am opening time, although I bumped into another birder who knew of and heard of people ''Bunking In'' through some ''known'' gaps in the fence, albeit sometimes when caught, they were summarily ''turfed off''. Although being a totally law abiding individual, I never suffered that humiliation!....I bunked In at night with my trusty torch. :-O

An amalgamated reply to all, I wonder if it will catch on ;)

Special thanks to Delia (I need a High Tech ''IT'' assistant...when can you start, and what ''Ball Park'' salary are we looking at?

Having been retired for so long, I need to work that out... but I was a high earnerB :)

OK I've thought.....

I need a someone to carry my scope.... it's getting heavy for me to carry now!

3:)

Trade your scope in for a ''Bridge Camera'' a fraction of the weight!

Admittedly If the subject is very distant, you can take a shot 60x now, I believe, and If you can't ID it...there's this ''Helpline'' called BF....full of eager Beavers to put you right. :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back