• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Large flock in tree. (1 Viewer)

charlescrown25

Hi everyone:

I am posting this trying to help out my church. We have a large (approx 15' high) ornamental tree out by the main walking area that a large flock of what I want to call "common black birds" flocking and congregating in. There are quite a few of them that hang out in there, at least 100 and their droppings end up all over the sidewalk below. We would like to find a humane, efficient way to repel them from the tree. I have looked up several different devices but would like to get the advice/thoughts of some of you on here before we start going and spending money on nets, high pitched noise, flashing or water spraying devices. Any ideas or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!

Charles, if you can get a picture we can probably ID the birds. It might help in coming up with a solution.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back