• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

theres a baby bird in my front yard (1 Viewer)

iddybitty

hi,
im leah, and i wanted to know if any of u have any suggestions as to what i should do,
there's a baby bird in my front yard, in a small tree, i think its a northern mockingbird because there's a bird that keeps hanging around here watching the baby bird and it looks like a northern mockingbird (i used the Birds of Florida field guide by Stan Tekiela to figure that out)
well....i dont know if i should do anything because maybe the mother will go get it or abandon it if i touch it, but its just sitting there not even making any noise.
i read in a book before that i should get a little box and put the baby in there and tie it to a tree so that the mother can get to it, but im not sure if i should do that. i dont want to do anything that might hurt the bird
so if u have any suggestions please post

-leah

iddybitty said:
hi,
im leah, and i wanted to know if any of u have any suggestions as to what i should do,
there's a baby bird in my front yard, in a small tree, i think its a northern mockingbird because there's a bird that keeps hanging around here watching the baby bird and it looks like a northern mockingbird (i used the Birds of Florida field guide by Stan Tekiela to figure that out)
well....i dont know if i should do anything because maybe the mother will go get it or abandon it if i touch it, but its just sitting there not even making any noise.
i read in a book before that i should get a little box and put the baby in there and tie it to a tree so that the mother can get to it, but im not sure if i should do that. i dont want to do anything that might hurt the bird
so if u have any suggestions please post

-leah

Try this thread.

http://www.birdforum.net/showthread.php?t=17358

Mike

thanks so much, that information was very helpful, and i'm glad i came here for help before i did anything, just a few minutes ago i saw the mother come and feed the baby bird

iddybitty said:
thanks so much, that information was very helpful, and i'm glad i came here for help before i did anything, just a few minutes ago i saw the mother come and feed the baby bird

I hope it works out the way you want, but please don't be to upset if it doesn't, it's just nature doing it's thing.

Mike

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back