• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

New FREE Raw conversion software. (1 Viewer)

Also the new Raw convertor promised recently by Andy Rouse is also now available as a free download at http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html which although I have only been using it a day seems really quick and easy. Particularly like the browsing and ranking facility, just try the slideshow method where you can give a ranking to each full screen image as well as tag for trash those real awful missed shots we all get.
Just quickly looked at the one at the corel website, for some bizarre reason it has the same name as the one at pixmantec the only difference is the one at pixmantec is not a 30 day trial which the corel seems to be.

Last edited:
Steve

I have tried the program but gave up with it, when I try to zoom in it puts a black screen over the image. Have you had this problem yet
christine

stuartlawrie said:
Also the new Raw convertor promised recently by Andy Rouse is also now available as a free download at http://www.pixmantec.com/index2.html which although I have only been using it a day seems really quick and easy. Particularly like the browsing and ranking facility, just try the slideshow method where you can give a ranking to each full screen image as well as tag for trash those real awful missed shots we all get.
Just quickly looked at the one at the corel website, for some bizarre reason it has the same name as the one at pixmantec the only difference is the one at pixmantec is not a 30 day trial which the corel seems to be.

pixmantec download looks like a trial version to me..........

Saphire said:
Steve

I have tried the program but gave up with it, when I try to zoom in it puts a black screen over the image. Have you had this problem yet
christine

I have the same problem, the fault lies with Athlon Processors, hopefully they will bring a patch out soon to fix the problem.

Tom

jeff said:
pixmantec download looks like a trial version to me..........
It is the equivalent of a LE version, but it has no time limit of 30 days like the corel version, as I can see it the only thing missing is the colour noise reduction which after can be done in photoshop.
This version doesn't seem to have a problem with AMD processors, it works on both my machines which have an AMD 1900+ and 2400+ respectively

I am using an AMD Athalon 2200, there seems to be a lot of people also having the same problem even with P4 so it may not be processor specific.

The only problem I found with the Pixmantec is, that it don't wants to be installed on Windows 2000!
May be, I find more problems in future...

I downloaded the software today and played about with it. I find it very good indeed and better than the 2 types of free software I have been using.

Many thanks to Mr Rouse.

Regards,
Chris.

Hello all

Apologies for not replying sooner but I am not broadband. If one of you emails me, and says that it is for BF, then I can reply and you can post for me. Sorry but life is beyond hectic at the moment and BF is a pleasure that just has to wait.

Yes we had Athlon problems, these and all the other bugs are fixed with v1.1.1. We now have 50,000 users with a high satisfaction rate. Most users have transferred from high cost programs like C1 and Adobe so that is great. All of my conversions now are using this product, and the front cover of BBC Wildlife last month used this product.

Just a couple of things. It is a free product which is a gift from us to you. Although the download site says that it is a trial, it isn't, it is free forevermore. If you wish to upgrade to our flagship RAW converter in a couple of months then you are welcome too, else you can continue to use RSE 2005 with our blessing. here is no time bomb. The product is being distributed by Corel for their Paint Shop Pro users, which number about the same as the Photoshop install base. Hence it is the same product.

Anyway thanks for all the comments, the product does work, it is free and its a lot better than anything else out there. We have lots of pros already using it for their daily work and we are the most cynical sods ever! So let me know if you have anything else - best to email via the website address, please do not post questions here as I do not check this thread.

Andy Rouse

Last edited:
Hi Andy, "Welcome to Birdforum" on behalf of all of us here on the Staff.

So which software is yours? Pixmantec, Corel or both? Are both versions without timebombs?

Look forward to seeing more of your work!

Regards,

Andy.

Hi, it was quite by chance that I checked this. Please DO not post questions for me here as I will not see them, simply email me on the usual address via my website. Please do not put an email address in here for me as I'll get nailed by spambots!!!

We wrote the product (Pixmantec), Corel are distributing it, and they are exactly the same. So it doesn't matter where you download it from. Neither has time bombs.

Andy
Pixmantec

Just to note that I've downloaded it but it won't work on my Windows 98SE (it says something about it only being tested on 2000 and XP, so if you're like me still on 98 don't bother!)

I have downloaded the product,when I open it the screen etc all comes up but when I go to a folder to open images nothing happens.Can anyone help?

POP

POP said:
I have downloaded the product,when I open it the screen etc all comes up but when I go to a folder to open images nothing happens.Can anyone help?

POP
What RAW files do you have in the folder? Not sure this programme covers all types... though my version opens the new D2x Neffs, and not much does!

Adey Baker said:
Just to note that I've downloaded it but it won't work on my Windows 98SE (it says something about it only being tested on 2000 and XP, so if you're like me still on 98 don't bother!)
Not sure working with RAW on 98 is ever going to be fun, besides you can't blame modern software developers from passing up the chance to catch the 98 market. Stats from my site
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Windows XP[/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]71%[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Windows 2000[/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]11%[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Windows 98[/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]7%[/font][/size][/font]
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Mac OS (Power PC)[/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1] [/size][/font][font=Arial,Helvetica][font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]5%[/font][/size][/font]

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back