• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birding data base (1 Viewer)

I have used AviSys for years but it is now not being updated regularly so am considering changing. Have you used Birders Diary? If so how do you like it? Any other options you would recommend.

I have used AviSys for years but it is now not being updated regularly so am considering changing. Have you used Birders Diary? If so how do you like it? Any other options you would recommend.

I've used BD for years and can heartily recommend it. It has dozens of useful features, an excellent UI and first-rate tech support.

I have been a Birder's Diary user for 16 years back when it was part of Thayer Birding Software. It is the most capable of the listing software programs. Jeff's (the developer) tech support is excellent! I am sure you could be up and running in no time with BD. I was disappointed the recent 4.0 update did not include a modern UI face lift. The UI is showing its age. I am playing around with other listing software programs but just cannot find the "perfect program". Yes, I know, perfection in anything does not exist, just a mirage on the ever changing horizon. I believe that is where I will find my final lifer the elusive Phoenix.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back