• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

7D MK11 Settings for Video (1 Viewer)

Julian H

Have a 7d Mk11 that I plan on shooting some video with. Never shot much video. I understand the philosophy and theory and have the basic settings down.

Settings are :
FHD
29.97P (Shutter set to 60 frames per second)
IPB
Standard Picture Style
AWB

Can someone explain how i set up the camera so focus is set right. I hear manual focus is best for video since it will prevent accidental autofocus on subjects that may not be the target.

Can someone run through the menu and tell me how to specifically set the focus options in-camera and what I should set it to for video?

Thanks!

Julian

OK, OK ... I'll bite!

I've tried video with my Eos 5D MkII and rapidly gave it up in favour of a Canon Legria (Vixia in the US) HF G30. The rolling shutter effect on the 5D II put me off. I have shot a little video with my 7D / 7D MkII when I made use of my EF 500 F/4l IS shooting sand martins visiting their nest holes. BUT, the video camera which I choose to use for wildlife etc. is the G30 - 20x zoom, and it does well shooting dragon flies, damsel flies etc. I normally use it in AF mode, but had some success using MF when capturing dragon flies catching midges.

I'm not exactly answering your queries, but if you're shooting digital, you can experiment, without wasting film.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back