• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Can you easily buy bird books in China? (1 Viewer)

tomjenner

In a few months I will be moving to Hangzhou. From there I plan to visit much of China, but also many other countries in the region. Is it best for me to buy all the possible books I might need before I go, or can I get them there (such as guides to Philippines, New Guinea etc)? My main hope is that it might be possible to order books through Amazon, or some other route.
Any help appreciated,
Thanks

Tom

Tom. You can buy them via Amazon etc. and have them sent to China (no import duty last time I ordered). However postage can be expensive. If you buy them on-line in China they are often much more expensive (I tend to buy 'As New' books from Amazon in the USA or UK, which are brilliant, like-new and often at considerable savings) and note also that some stores won't send books to China at all, I had to set up a forwarding account to get some items sent here. Personally I'd buy them before I arrived (esp. books which aren't targeting birds in China).

Thanks for the advice mcaribou and frogfish. I will bring the books I think I will need, then rely on Amazon for any new publications, or to buy books for unexpected trips that come up at a later date.

Tom

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back