• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hi, again (1 Viewer)

yeah, maybe i should just bite the bullet, cancel the German order, and buy a black and white one in the UK

I have plenty of camo tape :king:

It gets more weird by the minute.

The manager has emailed me to say if i keep the black and white version, i can have 30 Euro refund.

Meanwhile, i check with Optical Vision - distributor for Skywatcher in the UK - and they say there wasnt an all black SW ST 600.. ???

I then check this site and there's a black model.

http://www.skywatchertelescope.net/swtinc/product.php?id=73&class1=1&class2=105

Sherwoods in the UK say there was an Orion ST 120 600 f5 in black .

I then check the german website again, and the all black 120/60 OTA has gone. I noticed that the all black 120/60-AZ3 that comes with a tripod was still there 15 minutes ago, but i'm wondering if thats going to disappear too

This is what i though i had bought, but without the tripod. Mine was called BKR120/60-OTA

BKR1206EQ3 is the with the tripod

http://www.teleskop-express.de/shop...20-on-EQ3---Rich-Field-Refractor-120-600.html

You couldnt make this up. !

Last edited:
Maybe the 'all black' photos are early mock ups before they settled on the black and white colour scheme last year. I thought yesterday it was a bit odd having an all black version because there was nothing to tell it apart from the Orion except for the badge.

Paul.

yes, very weird. Couldnt find an orion in the UK though.

But as for the German seller, why tell me ' yes we have a black one in stock, i just checked with the warehouse guys ' then send me a black and white one, and then tell me it was an old photo and remove it from the website ?

I smell a rat

Maybe they didn't look into it all that well and just thought you meant the black and white model as the old version used to be blue.

Paul.

Yup, but thats why on my enquiries into this , i sent them a link from their own website with a photo of the very lens, and he said he had one, as he'd checked with the warehouse.

Maybe the warehouse guys just said 'yes' without looking ?

He's refunded me £30 now so its worked out that i got this for about £10/11 cheaper than i could have got it at Sherwoods, who were the cheapest i could find here.

I better get camo-ing or spraying or something :eat:

Oh and i now need a new tripod head. I sold my Gimbal with the 80ED, and the little P+T head i have now just falls about

Musoman, I wouldn't be surprised if they just pull some photos from their file which could be from previous batch or even sample pics from manufacturer. Guess they never had problem with customers over color scheme until you came along. Now you can either spend the 30 Pound on camo or just get a six pack and laugh over it...LOL.

Alphan,the sparrow is very clear, this TC seems to be very good. I have a Sigma 70-300 with the zoom broken, and it is possible that I try to create one ... thank you!

Thanks Fernando!

Alphan,the sparrow is very clear, this TC seems to be very good. I have a Sigma 70-300 with the zoom broken, and it is possible that I try to create one ... thank you!

Thanks Fernando!

Still a lot to work on to get the best out of it. Credit should go to Paul, the guy behind all this LOL. Wish I can catch him on 5X

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back