• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss USA Customer Service, the saga begins (1 Viewer)

Waiting

A friend of my got t-boned by someone running a redlight, crushing his trunk where his FL's were. The bins were badly damaged, with the central hinge broken.

He sent them to Zeiss, who fixed them - no charge.

Hello James,

So many folks obsess [see original post] over their binoculars and are in a hurry to complain about service. I started this post before knowing the end but remember the end is when a satisfactory repair job is finished and the glass is in my hand.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :hi:

I have had this run around before

Hello,

Last week, Karen at Zeiss USA, told me to call, today. When I called, I got the message that the offices were closed for a staff instruction day. As Scarlett O'Hara said , "Tomorrow is another day."

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

Waiting for the clipper ship to cross the Atlantic

Hello,

It seems that Zeiss will replace the eyecups, when the parts arrive from Germany, which may take ten days.

Happy bird watching,

Hello,

It seems that Zeiss will replace the eyecups, when the parts arrive from Germany, which may take ten days.

Happy bird watching,

Hi Art

That's pretty decent of them isn't it? Considering the eyecup was damaged in a fall rather than imperfectly manufactured.

Sounds like a good result you got there :)

L

None too fast but satisfactory

Hi Art

That's pretty decent of them isn't it? Considering the eyecup was damaged in a fall rather than imperfectly manufactured.

Sounds like a good result you got there :)

L

Hello Troubador,

No complaints from me on their policies.

This thread was started before I could either praise or condemn them. It has even brought some unsolicited praise for Zeiss USA, as others have had happy experiences.

In the meantime, I left home this morning with my red Leica 8x32 BN, but I turned back in a downpour. I had no worries about the binocular, but I don't like getting soaked.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur :brains:

RETURNED, yesterday

Hello all,

I got home, today, to find a package from Zeiss, which I have yet to open. I'll take it out for a spin, tomorrow

The roundtrip has taken sixteen days.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur

totally satisfactory

Hello all,

The binocular actually arrived, Wednesday, but I was not around to examine it. The eye cup was replaced and the binocular cleaned, which is a good thing, as I do not clean it, often, as I think excessive cleaning cab be worse.

I took it out for a spin today, with some success: Wilson's warbler, Cape May Warbler and a worm eating warbler. I attach images of paintings by Louis Agassiz Fuertes.

I am satisfied with the service.

Happy bird watching,
Arthur Pinewood :scribe:

Attachments

• Wilson warbler.jpg
    Wilson warbler.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 23
  • Cape May Warbler.jpg
    Cape May Warbler.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 26
  • worm eating warbler.jpg
    worm eating warbler.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 22
Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back