• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Excellent Zeiss service (1 Viewer)

RogP

Roger Payne
Noticed last Saturday that I had lost the little cover cover that pushes on to the bottom of the middle hinge of my Zeiss Victory 8 x 42 FL binoculars. I mailed Zeiss customer care and received a replacement from their Service Centre in Norfolk on Thursday. Excellent service despite the Covid constraints and frustrations! Roger

Hijacking this thread as the title is fit:

I had my Conquest 8x32 serviced a year (or 2? Time flies...) ago because of focus slack.
Last summer the hinge got crazy loose from intensive use because I watch insects ánd birds with it so change ipd a lot.

So I've sent them to Wetzlar last week, confirmation of receipt this morning and now, a few hours later it's already checked, wow. And they not only checked the hinge, but everything and found eyecups and focusing not to their liking so fixing that as well...

Big wowser; at no cost! While they're certainly outside guarantee period! Maybe they view it as guarantee on the precious service? However, awesome and fast service!

I asked on the repair form for extended eyecups as well so looking forward to those.

Previous time I had sent them in just as is, bins only, and got it returned in a new box with all accessories, crazy!

I only have experience with service from Meopta (perfect repair on my 7x42) and Zeiss, so can't really compare, but I really like how Zeiss handles service!

Last edited:
I had great service from Zeiss last weeks. Emailed them after obtaining a Zeis FL without objective covers and they have send them to me right away. After that i noticed that the eyecups are sub optimal, I’ve send an email and the eyecups are on there way. Free of charge. Thank you Zeiss Sport Optics Germany!

Two weeks after receipt at Zeiss they're already back in my hands... How about speedy! Hinge nice and tight, focus serviced up which is noticaeble by some tighter focusing now, ocular twist action repaired to now solid three clicks, new caps on both sides, a new strap added, ánd the requested extended eyecups which really make a difference; I seem to view best with them on the second click so one down from the highest. And all this at guarantee, while I just asked for a tightened hinge and the added eyecups...and done in a fortnight. Service is one thing you can rely on a Zeiss for!

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back