• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Rutland Water (1 Viewer)

Kevin Groocock

If you hold an Anglian Water Explorers Permit, can you enter the Rutland Water Reserves before the opening time of 0900? I prefer early morning birding which is not possible if you have to buy a day permit at 0900.

i have known people to be there early doors ,im not sure if its allowed but i believe the hides are open as they still are after 5 when they shut infact had a buff breasted sand on a late evening on lagoon 4 with a few others

i have known people to be there early doors ,im not sure if its allowed but i believe the hides are open as they still are after 5 when they shut infact had a buff breasted sand on a late evening on lagoon 4 with a few others

Was once told by a volunteer that I had to leave at 1700 as the reserve was now closed :eek!:

I prefer dawn to dusk birding and find waiting until 0900 rather irksome ;)

Also, don't want to spend £50 on the permit if I can't have access until 0900 ;)

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back