• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Camera Insurance (1 Viewer)

Grahamdevenish

Hi all,

Not sure if this the right area to post, but, I'd like views on Equipment replacement insurance for photographers.

I'm going abroad, and I'll be in a Campervan, and also going abroad within the EU, for a week of photography. The trouble with Nature photography is that we use big lenses, which have a high inherent value !!

I've looked at quotes from Aaduki and Amateur Photographer insurance but would appreciate your views.

Thanks

Graham

Some of my equipment is insured with my house contents. It's expensive but cheaper than going elsewhere. Over the last few years it's cost me a 4 figure sum but I guess it's worth it just in case.

My gear is on All Risks with my house insurance. I honestly don't know how much extra it cost but it was cheaper than my previous policy witch didn't cover the camera gear!

As suggested above, the best way (assuming it is for non-professional use) is to add it to your home insurance under the personal possessions section. My Axa home insurance policy cost me about £230 in total, not sure how much of that is made up of the personal possessions section, I guess about £50, and that is covering about £16k.

Go and see or phone your local independent insurance broker who will be happy to advise.

Yeah I'm the same just added all my gear 12k worth and paid £112 extra on my house contents insurance which is covered anywhere in Europe, best quote I got was with Churchill not bad £9.33mth extra

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back