• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

iPad update (1 Viewer)

Has anyone updated their iPad to the IOS 8.0 yet. If so, any big changes?

Did so yesterday. The big improvement I've noticed so far is in Siri and the keyboard, making dictation both pleasanter and more accurate. Hope to get the time to check out the new system more thoroughly in the next few days.

The Danish radio website yesterday recommended to wait a couple of weeks due to some weekness of the iOS8.

Niels

Don't do it in the UK if you are using the Birdguides or RBA bird news apps, as neither work following the iOS8 update (iPad and iPhone)

All 9 of my birding apps continue to work just fine on my iPad air since the upgrade (Sibley, National Geographic, Peterson, iBird PRO, Waite's, Audubon, BirdTunes, Birds of N. Europe, Collins). In fact, I haven't had problems with any of my apps so far (though I haven't checked every last one).

All of mine work, make sure you backup iBird to the cloud or you can lose your favorites.

One detail that I have seen warning against: don't switch from icloud to icloud-drive on the iphone/ipad if you also have a Mac that you want to continue to be synchronizing with. Mac will not be able to use the "drive" until later in the year.

Niels

Ah! There seems to be some problems with the IOS 8.0 and Apple is recalling the update. Glad I have waited to download.

All my apps work fine including iBird. I won't be updating my iPhone yet though and I won't be buying a 'flexible' iPhone 6 either!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back