• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Question for UK pentax owners (1 Viewer)

punkman

I recieved a pentax pf80eda this morning that I ordered from the USA.
Can anybody tell me, if there is somewhere in the UK to register the product to start the warranty, or am I going to have to send details off to America?
Also should anything go wrong with the scope,can it be sent to petax UK for repairs or would it have to be shipped to America?
Ive looked at the pentax UK site, but it wasnt much help.
thanks in advance for any replies

Also what tripod would folks reccomend for the pf80?
Ive been using a hide clamp for my smaller scope, but would like to be able to usde this new scope out of a hide .

Last edited:
DOUBT IF YOU WILL EVER HAVE PROBLEMS WITH THE 80 PF.
mine fell of tripod about 5ft to the deck .Didnt hurt it one bit.
Great scope,
Brian.

I swear by Bogen Manfrotto tripods .I have 5 of them.
If you can manage the price try the Pentax XW ep,s
For A Zoom the Baader hyperion is hard to beat.
Brian.

Manfroto is the make of tripod Ive been looking at, but I am yet to decide on which model.
I have a hide clamp only at the moment.

This new scope is an upgrade, so already have the pf 65, so have the pentax xw14 ep, along with a baader hyperion 21mm that Ive been using with that scope.
My new scope came with the pentax zoom.
Tried the scope out today at potteric carr nature reserve on a dull day with a slight mist covering most of the water.
It wasnt the best day for a first test, but a bloke in the hide who had a swarovski scope, wanted to try out my pentax, he had a good a look through mine with the zoom and said that he was impressed with the scopes performance.
I will be back at the resreve on the next mist free day and give it a proper test and evaluation.

Pentax ED80 comments

I've had my ED80 since before they were sold here in the Uk - a rare beast but I love mine - cant really see huge differences with the Swarovski. I dont imagine you will have a problem with itt though.
I damaged the front lens a few years back (strong wind blew the scope and tripod over) and used the local camera shop (LCE) and they sent it back to Pentax who send it back to Japan. Repaired under insurance of course - but the replacement lens seemed better than the original.
I just (today!) received the XW14 - so hope the weather is better tomorrow. But can straight away see the lens is brighter and a huge field of view. I had been meaning to get this lens for some time as I always seemed to land out at just short of 40 times on the zoom - with anything higher just getting that little too dark - even for a bright scope.
For the price of the body and a fixed lens such as this I dont see why they cant sell more! With good bins you hardly need the lower mag of the zoom other than for locating before zooming.
Enjoy your new scope!

Manfroto is the make of tripod Ive been looking at, but I am yet to decide on which model.
I have a hide clamp only at the moment.

This new scope is an upgrade, so already have the pf 65, so have the pentax xw14 ep, along with a baader hyperion 21mm that Ive been using with that scope.
My new scope came with the pentax zoom.
Tried the scope out today at potteric carr nature reserve on a dull day with a slight mist covering most of the water.
It wasnt the best day for a first test, but a bloke in the hide who had a swarovski scope, wanted to try out my pentax, he had a good a look through mine with the zoom and said that he was impressed with the scopes performance.
I will be back at the resreve on the next mist free day and give it a proper test and evaluation.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back