• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

PF 80 EDA & SMC XW14 (FIRST IMPRESSIONS) (1 Viewer)

PYRTLE

Old Berkshire Boy
United Kingdom
Pf 80 Eda & Smc Xw14 (first Impressions)

The guys at an optics outlet (C/S) near Blakeney have managed to get this combination on trial for 28 days and I viewed same this afternoon. Have to say that a quick test found me quite unable to criticise the optics. The eyepiece is pretty darn good, bright and sharp. The weight not too bad - it looks like an Opticron ES 80 mk II. I know they're popular with our colonial friends and I can see why. I believe the 65ED mk II is on order so if nothing else go along and try it. Not sure what the price is but the performance may be worth a second glance. Its something different for a change. Anyone gets a chance to try the zoom, let us know how it performs.

Pentax XW 20 by 60x zoom lense

The guys at an optics outlet (C/S) near Blakeney have managed to get this combination on trial for 28 days and I viewed same this afternoon. Have to say that a quick test found me quite unable to criticise the optics. The eyepiece is pretty darn good, bright and sharp. The weight not too bad - it looks like an Opticron ES 80 mk II. I know they're popular with our colonial friends and I can see why. I believe the 65ED mk II is on order so if nothing else go along and try it. Not sure what the price is but the performance may be worth a second glance. Its something different for a change. Anyone gets a chance to try the zoom, let us know how it performs.
I just recently purchesed the Pentax 80 eda scope with the 20 by 60 zoom lense. Super clear, super large, excellent quality. Read the evualuation by the Better View Desired web site. It made a beliver out of me. With reasonable weather conditions I have viewed out to 60x with very good clarity. I will also be purchasing a xw14 wide angle eye piece very soon. Good Viewing, Calabash

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back