• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help i.d. in n.y. (1 Viewer)

glide133

I saw this bird this morning g,at first I thought female Baltimore oriole until I got home.seems a bit tough to call so I'll leave it to the experts.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1501530674473.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501530674473.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 52
  • FB_IMG_1501530670472.jpg
    FB_IMG_1501530670472.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 58
Agree with Baltimore. No other oriole is likely in this location, except Orchard. Color and head pattern are good for Baltimore.

I was wondering if it was an immature male and not a female.because of the color around the head

Perhaps there is a way to tell in these pictures based on wing/tail molt, but the plumage colors seem within range for an adult female to me.

It could be either one to me.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back