• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upgrading my Bins (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I have a pair of Pentax XCF 8 40, 8.2 and they have served me well for 3 years, but it is time to upgrade!

I bought these for £60 in an otlet in Cheshire, which I have forgotten the name of..

I want to be able to see better and more but do not want to spend too much.

Any recommendations please?

Beware, or you may quickly find your budget moving upwards!

That was my starting budget but it's sneaked up some now. If you're planning any trips to the States I'd say wait a buy some over there, you'll get more for your money.

I've found a few places that are selling the old style Bushnell Excursion for £109-£125. These are phase coated so may be good value. I tried some and thought they were good, however I'll leave more expert opinions to others who actually own them.

I am planning to get some Vortex Diamondbacks for about £140. Checked some out yesterday and was very impressed, although they didn't have the model I wanted in-stock.

Cheers
Martin

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back