• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help with Thrush?? in Long Beach California (1 Viewer)

eliaszuniga

Once again, I need help. We saw this today at El Dorado Nature Center in Long Beach California. To us, it looks like possibly a brown thrush, but I understand that that is only an east coast bird.

Attachments

• IMG_8971email.jpg
    IMG_8971email.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 158
  • IMG_8984email.jpg
    IMG_8984email.jpg
    240.7 KB · Views: 175
To a birder from across the pond, it appears to be a Brown Thrasher, which I believe is rare but regular on the west coast. No doubt someone else will confirm this either way

I agree, Brown Thrasher. Note the curved-bill & yellow eye to guide you from the spotted thrushes to the thrashers.
You probably meant to write Brown Thrasher, since I don't think there is a "Brown Thrush" and you mention thinking it an East Coast species, which the Brown Thrasher primarily is.
Beautiful pictures.
Cheers,
Marc

jedku said:
I agree, Brown Thrasher. Note the curved-bill & yellow eye to guide you from the spotted thrushes to the thrashers.
You probably meant to write Brown Thrasher, since I don't think there is a "Brown Thrush" and you mention thinking it an East Coast species, which the Brown Thrasher primarily is.
Beautiful pictures.
Cheers,
Marc

Oops, yes, I had meant to say Brown Thrasher, not Thrush. Thanks all for the correction, identification, and the compliments!

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back