• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Orlando, Florida bird ID (1 Viewer)

HuntnMa

The pic isn't the best, it was a soft gray, the belly was not completely yellow but most of it was, it does have a black bar near the eye, one white band/bar on it's wings, pale beak....was eating small bugs. Any help would be appreciated.Thank you.

Attachments

• unknownbirdy.jpg
    unknownbirdy.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 164
Judging by habits, shape and the what I can see of the plumage, I would say it's a Blue-winged Warbler. Doesn't seem to have quite the right face for it, but that's the closest thing I can come up with. Doesn't appear to be either of the Blue-winged × Golden-winged hybrids (which was my first thought).

(Tail doesn't look like it has any white in it at all though - possibly female Parula? Face doesn't look right for that, either, there's not enough dark.)

Peter C.

My first thought was a female Parula , just couldn't say that's what it was 100%.
I guess I'll continue my search in the warblers.....

Yes, I could see it more as a Parula than a Blue-winged (or any other Vermivora) now. The tail looks very dark, and short. Funny white mark on the cheek (?) that I can't parse at all (and doesn't belong for either species) - maybe it's just a photo-artifact.

PeteR C.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back