• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ospreys in the Gambia in Nov 13? (1 Viewer)

Mottymot

I plan to travel to the Gambia in mid November 13 for 4-5 days.

Do you think that there might be a good chance of seeing any migrating Ospreys while I am there? I would like to see one.
If so, where's a good place to see them?

My trip is a little unplanned as yet as I will be in West Africa for work and am gonna take some days R&R in Gambia.
Flexible on itinerary and any suggestions for reliable guides are welcomed.

Thank you!

On behalf of moderators and admin, a warm welcome to Birdforum.:t:

I saw Ospreys in the Gambia in late November, so they may well have arrived by the time you get there.

EDIT: Just to let you know that I have deleted one of your two other threads as they are essentially duplicates. It is nothing personal, just part of BF policy to encourage one thread only on any given subject. You'll find that your thread under the 'Information Wanted' sub-forum is still there.

Last edited:
Yeah, I saw them at Loch Garten. It would be great to see them towards the end of their migration.

There was an interactive route mapping the progress of Ospreys from Scotland last year. I will have to look for another one when I have moment.

I plan to travel to the Gambia in mid November 13 for 4-5 days.

Do you think that there might be a good chance of seeing any migrating Ospreys while I am there? I would like to see one.
If so, where's a good place to see them?

My trip is a little unplanned as yet as I will be in West Africa for work and am gonna take some days R&R in Gambia.
Flexible on itinerary and any suggestions for reliable guides are welcomed.

Thank you!

Mottymot,
For Ospreys, there are two options:- In the tourist area, keep seawatching and you will pick one up. Or head to Tanji Village and then walk back North along the beach towards the reserve. usually plenty about hereabouts.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back